Meager Box, Authoritative Reproduction:
Monitor Audio Bronze5 are compact tower speakers that command attention. They take no more floor space than a folded A4 sheet yet they deliver music with deep, powerful authority and presence. In stereo, they conjure a sound stage that you’ll want to listen to for album after album. In a home theater, you might just get away without a subwoofer!
Bronze5 employs innovations, pioneered by Monitor Audio for their more-pricey models.
- C-CAM drivers combine ceramic, aluminium and magnesium. As a result, their drivers are stiff, damped and responsive.
- Gold dome tweeter and bass unit both employ C-CAM. Therefore the two drivers blend seamlessly.
- Hexagonal mesh covers keep little fingers at bay. No domes to poke! Your Bronze5 will sound perfect for decades.
- Invisible magnetic grille catches mean the the speaker looks great grille-on and grille-off.
- Two bass/midrange units feature a pure C-CAM ‘dish’. Not a metal dust-cap glued to a conventional cone.
- Each bass unit has an independently tuned chamber. Consequently bass has real power over a much wider bandwidth.
- Hive II ports ‘rifle’ a standard port to prevent ‘flutter’. Consequently, Bronze5 can play louder, with deeper bass presence than most mini towers.
- 18mm thick cabinets, same as Monitor Audio use in their massive towers, are braced radially.
- Two massive steel bolts clamp the drivers between front and rear baffles.
- Polypropylene capacitors used throughout their crossover. They’re expensive! As a result, the crossover point is inaudible.
Low distortion and easy-to-listen-to sound. Warm, smooth music with fine, extended highs and deep, deep lows characterizes the Bronze5 sound. A solid performer!
- Cabinets are 850h x 165w x 248d (282mm deep including grille & termnals), 11kg each
- Bronze5 reproduces from 37Hz to 30kHz, consequently they have just enough bass to impress without a subwoofer.
- Sensitivity measures 90dB from 1 watt at 1 metre and 113.8dBA maximum sound pressure
- Monitor Audio recommends partnering Bronze5 with amplifiers with 30-120 watts RMS output. That is to say, you’ll be happy with Bronze5’s volume connected to these amplifiers.
- Most importantly, they’re 8 ohms impedance. As a result, Bronze5 can even be connected to a mini system!
- Above all, Bronze5 comprises 2 x 5 1/4″ C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a dual-chamber enclosure and 1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- All ‘Bronze Series’ speakers are finished in premium Walnut, ‘Rosemah’ (somewhere in the rosewood-mahogany colour chart) and Black Ash vinylwrap with black grilles.
- White Ash ‘wrap with pearl grilles is available on special order. White speakers impossibly ‘disappear’ into light-coloured decor.
Just buy a pair!
In short, Monitor Audio has designed Bronze5 to fit seamlessly into your living space. And yet they are powerful enough to do justice to most musical and cinema tastes! Their extensive colour-chart means they work with your decor. Construction is among the top in their category. If you’re looking for a small speaker to work with your furniture, and yet impress any audiophile, you can relax! You’ve found them.
(Oh, but if you’ve got another cheeky one-and-a-half gorillas to spare, take a look at the stunning Monitor Audio Silver200s! Similarly sized. A lot more expensive, but worth every cent! Absolutely mind-blowing.)