The Low Down Tiny Tot:
Monitor Audio Bronze1 are super-compact bookshelf / stand mount speakers. They’re no bigger than a folded A4 sheet yet they deliver music with the attack and life it needs!
Bronze1 employs innovations, pioneered by Monitor Audio for their more-pricey models.
- C-CAM drivers combine ceramic, aluminium and magnesium. As a result, their drivers are stiff, damped and responsive.
- Importantly, gold dome tweeter and bass unit both employ C-CAM. Therefore the two drivers blend seamlessly.
- Hexagonal mesh covers keep little fingers at bay. No domes to poke! Your Bronze1 will sound perfect for decades.
- Invisible magnetic grille catches mean the the speaker looks great grille-on and grille-off.
- Bass/midrange unit features a single C-CAM ‘dish’. More commonly, a metal dustcap glued to a conventional cone.
- Hive II ports ‘rifle’ a standard port to prevent ‘flutter’. Consequently, Bronze1 can play louder than most tiny speakers.
- 18mm thick cabinets, same as Monitor Audio use in their massive towers, are braced radially.
- Massive steel bolts clamp the driver between front and rear baffles.
- Polypropylene capacitors used throughout their crossover. They’re expensive! As a result, the crossover point is inaudible.
Low distortion and easy-to-listen-to sound. Warm, smooth music with fine, extended highs and surprising lows characterizes the Bronze1 sound.
- Cabinets are 250h x 165w x 180d (205mm deep including grille & termnals), 3.5kg each
- Bronze1 reproduces from 55Hz to 30kHz, consequently they have just enough bass to impress without a subwoofer.
- Sensitivity measures 88dB from 1 watt at 1 metre and 109dBA maximum sound pressure
- Monitor Audio recommends partnering Bronze1 with amplifiers with 15-70 watts RMS output. That is to say, you’ll be happy with Bronze1’s volume with this sized system.
- Most importantly, they’re 8 ohms impedance. As a result, Bronze1 can be connected to mini and micro systems.
- Bronze1 comprises 1 x 5 1/4″ C-CAM bass/mid-range driver and 1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Bronze1 comes finished in Walnut, ‘Rosemah’ (somewhere in the rosewood-mahogany colour chart), Black Ash vinylwrap with black grilles.
- White Ash ‘wrap with pearl grilles is available on special order.
Just buy a pair!
In short, Monitor Audio has designed Bronze1 to fit seamlessly into your lifestyle. Small enough to fit into literally any living space. Powerful enough to do justice to most musical tastes! Their extensive colour-chart means they work with any decor. Construction is amongst the top in their category. If you’re looking for a small speaker to fit into your furniture, you can relax! You’ve found them.
(Oh, but if you’ve got an cheeky extra grand to spare, take a look at the giant-slaying Monitor Audio Silver50s! Similarly sized. A lot more expensive. Absolutely mind-blowing sound.)