The Low Down:
Monitor Audio Bronze2 are compact bookshelf / stand mount speakers. Just looking at them, offers no clue to their room-filling sound potential. And, sitting 5m back from these and some floor-standing speakers, anyone could be forgiven for thinking the larger ones were playing.
Bronze2 employs innovations, pioneered by Monitor Audio in more pricey models.
- C-CAM drivers combine ceramic, aluminium and magnesium. As a result, their drivers are stiff, damped and light.
- Importantly, gold dome tweeter and bass unit both employ C-CAM. That’s why they blend so seamlessly.
- Bass/midrange unit features a single C-CAM ‘dish’. More commonly, a metal dustcap glued to a conventional cone.
- Hive II ports ‘rifle’ a standard port. Consequently bass sounds faster, cleaner and deeper.
- 18mm thick cabinets are braced radially.
- Massive steel bolts clamp the driver between front and rear baffles. As a result cabinet vibration is minimized.
- Polypropylene capacitors used throughout their crossover. They’re expensive! As a result, the crossover point is inaudible.
- Hexagonal mesh covers keep little fingers at bay. No domes to poke! Your Bronze2 will sound perfect for decades.
- Invisible magnetic grille catches mean the the speaker looks great grille-on and grille-off.
Technologies work together in concert to lower distortion and produce an easy-to-listen to warm, smooth soundscape with fine, extended highs and soft, deep lows.
- Cabinets are 350h x 185w x 255d (281mm deep including grille & termnals), 5.3kg each
- Bronze2 reproduces from 42Hz to 30kHz, consequently they can keep pace with most floor-standing speakers.
- Sensitivity measures 90dB from 1 watt at 1 metre and 113dBA maximum sound pressure
- Monitor Audio recommends partnering Bronze2 with amplifiers with 30-100 watts RMS output
- Most iim
- Bronze2 comprises 1 x 6 1/2″ C-CAM bass/mid-range driver and 1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Bronze2 comes finished in Walnut, ‘Rosemah’ (somewhere in the rosewood-mahogany colour chart), Black Ash vinylwrap with black grilles, and White Ash vinylwrap with pearl grilles.
Just buy a pair!
In short, the Monitor Audio Bronze2 are designed to impress. Their sound quality belies their size and cost. Their extensive colour-chart means they work with any decor. Construction is amongst the top in their category. If you’re looking for a small speaker to replace your old ‘towers’, you can relax now. You’ve found them.
Here’s my blog-post about how to setup speakers in your living-room: http://sbhifi.com.au/?page_id=55