Smooth Sounds of The Analogue Era
Luxman says their L-305 integrated amplifier “brings back the smooth soft sounds of the analogue era.” They produce a valve amplifier and a hybrid CD Player in the same retro looking lineup.
Luxman’s (awkwardly named) ‘ODß’ circuit was first implemented in 1980 and remained at the heart of Luxman designs for almost 20 years. DuoBeta employed high feedback below the audible frequency range and minimal feedback above 20Hz. In the L305, only distortion is used in the feedback circuit. As a result, the 50 watt L-305 has incredible bass control and distortion is virtually eliminated over the audible spectrum.
Moving Magnet / Moving Coil Phono Pre-amp
Luxman L-305 includes an all-discrete phono pre-amplifier compatible with both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.
Attention To Detail
L-305 provides unique attention to detail in today’s market. Echoing a time when a hi-fi equipment purchase was a major life-event: L305 leaves no stone un-turned.
- Natural rosewood veneer over 16mm MDF Case.
- 8mm Thick brushed aluminium face-plate.
- Bass and Treble controls, each with 3 ‘turnover frequency’ settings
- Switching for two pairs of speakers
- A tape monitor loop (when was the last time you bought an amp with one of those?)
- Substantial gold-plated connections (none of those on the old models!)
- Custom transformer designed especially for the L305 amplifier
- Torque-controlled mountings throughout
- Rounded-corner circuit design throughout
- Even Luxman’s famous circular power lamp.
The L-305 is a modern day tribute to the craftsmanship of the past.
Continuous Rated Output: 50W+50W (8Ohm); 75W+75W (8Ohm)
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%(8Ohm,1kHz,stereo, tone defeat on)
0.04%(8Ohm, 20~20kHz, stereo(3dB), tone defeat on)
S/N Ratio: PHONO(MM): 85dB, PHONO(MC): 69dB, CD/LINE: 100dB (A-Weighting, Input short, tone defeat on)
Frequency Response: PHONO(MM): 20Hz-20kHz(±0.5dB, tone defeat on),
PHONO(MC): 20Hz-20kHz(±0.5dB, tone defeat on),
CD/LINE: 20Hz-20kHz (±0.5dB, tone defeat on)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 400 x 169 x 330(mm)
Net Weight: 15kg
Less than a year old, this comes complete with packaging and accessories and full 3 year warranty